Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Is that me? Really? Does it have to be?

ARGGGHHHH!


This morning I took a deep breath, stripped off to bra and knickers, and had my hubby do my "before" shorts for the 12 Week Body Transformation program.  I'm doing my measurements tonight and, being a seamstress, I'm not nearly so distressed about those.  I measure myself semi-regularly when making garments, so I'm already aware that my waist over hip ratio is horrible, that I have wide hips and a huge bust.

But oh...oh when you LOOK at it in all it's digital photographic glory, it's horrible!  I looked at my before pictures, and have had another moment this morning of really struggling to see the potential in the raw material.  I've lost 10kg for goodness sake and I still look this awful?  And that ricotta cheese tummy flab, just what am I meant to do about that???

It's made me realise just how much I have my work cut out for me over the next 12 weeks.  I not only want to lose at least 12kg - I want to be able to take pictures at the end of that which don't make me want to gouge my eyes out with a bar of soap!

Bring on Monday, I say!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! No matter how daunting, the journey, let alone results will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon. It was just really REALLY confronting. I've been starting to actually feel good about how look a bit having dropped some of the weight now, so to look at those pictures was like WOAH...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon you keep having those up and down moments though Kath... like I was reasonably happy with my progress a couple of weeks ago, then I got sick with gastro and lost a couple of kilos (lots of water no doubt) in a day... then felt kinda fat in the days that followed that recovery... (put back the water/whatever pretty quick too)... finally seeing some results when I've been running and riding like I have been... and yet I don't eat too poorly for the most part!! I'm just starting to feel ok about where I'm headed again... a few weeks on.

    You have done fantastically well to come so far, so quickly, but to be changing how you think about it, not just smashing the weight off.

    :)

    ReplyDelete